GALEON goals, progress, teleconference

Hi all,

We need to institute a little more rigorous approach to administering the

OGC <http://portal.opengeospatial.org> GALEON WCS Interoperability Experiment
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/GALEON-Activity-Plan.htm>.  For
tracking progress on the actual WCS client and server implementation and on the
interactions between the clients and servers, I've set up a Wiki at:

http://galeon-wcs.jot.com/WikiHome

For each organization that's listed among the GALEON initiators, participants,
and observers, I've established an account on the wiki so the y can enter their
objectives and timelines and report progress as it is made.

Others should have guest read access to the wiki pages. If you'd like a wiki
login to add your own GALEON relate work, send me an email.

I also plan to have monthly teleconferences to touch bases on topics that can't
be handled via the wiki, email, etc. I propose we have our kick off
teleconference a week from today on Monday, August 15. If my time zone
calculator is correct, we could schedule the teleconference for 8 am Pacific
time which would make it 5 pm (17:00) in Italy and Germany. I'll send out a
followup message with details on the teleconference logistics.

What I'd like to accomplish by the end of that initial teleconference is:

-- agree on the objectives for each group spelled out on the wiki
-- list a set of more detailed goals for the first month
-- Identify any special issues or problems that need attention

Please do as much groundwork ahead of time on the wiki so we can keep the

teleconference as short as possible. Also let me know if you have any problems
with the wiki or have other suggestions for when or how to handle the initial
teleconference.

Thanks,