Re: Galeon test datasets:

yliu5@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Martin,

As far as I know "dataset" is not a well defined
key in WCS 1.0 so it should not be added to the
WCS request. Section 9.2.2.1 and table 9 of WCS 1.0
specification give all the valid keys. We use "coverage" instead.

Regards,
Yang

Hi Yang:

Its definitely not specified, the question is whether its prohibited. The "coverage" parameter names a field within the dataset; but i have many datasets that I can serve, and the client needs to tell me which one to use, so thats why i used a dataset parameter.

I changed my server to name the dataset in the URL path instead of a dataset KVP for several reasons, not just the question of whether the spec allows it, so Im going to leave my server without it.

However, it does seem to me that the point of specifying the URLs in the DCP element is to allow any such needed parameters, so i would advocate allowing these; the client could just consider it a base URL and not look too hard at it.