status update

Hello to our GALEON colleagues:

This is just a quick update on the project and a request that you
check to make sure I got all the changes you suggested into the draft
OGC interoperability experiment (IE) plan document:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/GALEON-Activity-Plan.htm

The response at the Frascati meeting was enthusiastic and our current
plan is to continue with the two-pronged approach:

-- continue work on the practical WCS gateway client and server implementations
-- find a way to make the interface specification experiment a formal OGC IE as soon as we can clear the administrative hurdles.

I am hopeful the administrative issues will be cleared up in the next
week or so.

One other very intriguing opportunity that came up in the Technical
Committee meetings involves possible connections between GALEON and
the JPEG2000 interoperability experiment which is headed up by Sean
Forde.  This is definitely something to keep and eye on for the
future.