Re: Possible sample CF files for galeon.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of John Caron
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:02 PM

Greetings Galeonites:

<snip>

I think we should choose ones using CF conventions. Two that look good from my POV are:

  1)  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/examples/tos_O1_2001-2002.nc

This is a simple time series (24 points) of monthly average lat/lon gridded sea surface temperature. It should be simple for most GIS clients to handle.

 2) http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/examples/RUC.nc

This is a time series (2 points) having both 2D fields and 3D fields on pressure surfaces, as well as other vertical coordinates.This should be a good challenge for GIS to deal with.

<snip>

John

From a software point of view we have created a striped netCDF files (where the
stripes are 5 longitude degrees wide with values 65535.0, or 0.0 alternating)
for the whole world, this has enabled us easily to test the round trip of data
ingest into the WCS, retrieval from the WCS, and display in the client.  Whilst
the data is meaningless, it allows us to spot errors.  Let me know if anyone
wants it, I used the Java-NetCDF libraries so it wasn't hard, but could save
you time.
Norman Barker
RSI - UK