Re: GALEON teleconference reminder

On 10/18/05, Ben Domenico <bendomenico@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

 This is just a quick reminder that we have a GALEON teleconference
Wednesday, October 19 at 9 am Boulder, Colorado, USA Mountain Time..

 Two primary objectives:

 -- plans for presentations for the GALEON hour at the November OGC TC
meeting
 -- progress summaries of interoperability experiments thus far:
    - Which clients are working with which servers?
    - Needed profiles to the WCS and GML specs?

Folks,

Rather last minute, I thought I should checkup on what has been going on with
GALEON and try out any outstanding issues.

I tried checking out the WCS-G server.  The get coverage returns a GML document
with a data url pointing to a THREDDS OPeNDAP server.   I don't actually
support the GML (and am not currently expecting to, though I might change my
mind on that) but I did try the OPeNDAP url.  Unfortunately it did not work
with my OPeNDAP client since it seems to depend on DAP 3.x features that the
THREDDS server lacks.  I get the following on my end.

 Warning 1: I connected to the URL but could not get a DAP 3.x version string from
the server.  I will continue to connect but access may fail.  gdalinfo: Error.cc:310:
void Error::set_error_code(int): Assertion `OK()' failed.  <crash on uncaught C++
exception>

I thought I should go back and see if there are any other formats supported by
the server.  But when I tried to follow this URL in the wiki for a
DescribeCoverage:

http://athena.pin.unifi.it:8080/galeon/WCS-v1.0?REQUEST=DescribeCoverage&COVERAGE=sst(time-lat-lon)&VERSION=1.0.0&SERVICE=WCS

I got this message in firefox:

 XML Parsing Error: prefix not bound to a namespace
Location:
http://athena.pin.unifi.it:8080/galeon/WCS-v1.0?REQUEST=DescribeCoverage&COVERAGE=sst(time-lat-lon)&VERSION=1.0.0&SERVICE=WCS
Line Number 2, Column 1:<xmlns:CoverageDescription
xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/wcs'
xmlns:gml='http://www.opengis.net/gml'
xmlns:xlink='http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink'
xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
xmlns:ows='http://www.opengis.net/wcs'
xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.opengis.net/wcs

I'm not really sure what this means but it seems to suggest there is something
invalid in the return result.

Unfortunately it seems only the ncML-GML is supported though the DescribeCoverage does
have a "commented out" netCDF entry.

Also, shouldn't the GMU netcdf server be listed in the client/server table?

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@xxxxxxxxx