Possible sample CF files for galeon.

Greetings Galeonites:

We need to decide on some sample netcdf files to use for the GALEON experiment.

Russ Rew has put together a nice page of sample files at

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/examples/files.html

I think we should choose ones using CF conventions. Two that look good from my POV are:

  1) http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/examples/tos_O1_2001-2002.nc

This is a simple time series (24 points) of monthly average lat/lon gridded sea surface temperature. It should be simple for most GIS clients to handle.

 2) http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/examples/RUC.nc

This is a time series (2 points) having both 2D fields and 3D fields on pressure surfaces, as well as other vertical coordinates.This should be a good challenge for GIS to deal with.

You can download these files and poke around in them using the nj22 ToolsUI:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/v2.2/webstart/index.html

Other visualizers and tools are listed at:

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

Any thoughts on using those two files, please post to this group.

Thanks!

John