Re: CEOS WGISS WTF-CEOP

Hi Ben

I'm intrigued to know why you would want to put satellite data (which
presumably starts in HDF or something similar) in NetCDF for an
*interoperability* experiment based on OGC protocols?

If the existing data format wont support an OGC server, then an approach based
on converting to NetCDF and using Stefano's middleware and taking part in
Galeon makes perfect sense ...  However, if you have data which could be
served up directly by an alternative WCS implementation then I would have
thought you and the Galeon community would both benefit by showing how these
differing data host formats can be served up *together* using OGC protocols.

Of course it makes perfect sense to be involved using that data which starts
life in NetCDF as well ...

(Note the major assumption that someone has a good way of serving up the
satellite data via a WCS).

As a side issue, can anyone confirm that CF has a good way of encoding
satellite scenes?

Regards,
Bryan