Re: GALEON interoperabilty experiment

Hi Ben,

that workd out - the first mail indeed didn't reach me. Thanks for your
sustained activity! Seeing the last item on the Galeon web page, code exchange
mechanism, let me suggest to set up an svn server (subversion.tigris.org) which
allows versioning, collaboration through checkout/checkin mechanisms, secure
connection, and more. We use it on a regular basis and even have made good
experiences with distributed proposal writing (aka code generation too ;-). If
parties agree, IUB volunteers to set up an svn server upon IE start.

Best,
Peter

Ben Domenico wrote:

Hello again,

This is my second attempt to send a message to our
galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list.  Some of you may have gotten the
earlier one.  Apparently many did not, so I'll refer you all again to
the web page with the updated draft plan for the Interoperability
Experiment.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/GALEON-Activity-Plan.htm

We have recently received very good news that the UK Natural
Environmental Research Council (Bryan Lawrence, Andrew Woolf) and US
NASA (Richard Ullman, John Evans) want to be part of the team.  And
you should also know that the OGC folks and I are still working on a
way to get beyond the initiator membership level requirements and fee
hurdles so this can become a formal OGC experiment sooner rather than
later.

If I didn't get all the details right on the new entries in the draft
plan, it's because I'm leaving shortly to catch the plane to Frascati
(with a stop at the U of Florence first).  I hope to see you there.

Dr. Peter Baumann
- Professor of Computer Science, International University Bremen
  www.faculty.iu-bremen.de/pbaumann, mail: p.baumann@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-49-3178
- Executive Director, rasdaman GmbH
  www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  tel: +49-89-67000146, fax: -67000147, mobile: +49-173-5837882
"A brilliant idea is a job halfdone."