Re: Alden update...

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Chris, et al,

     I don't know about the source and production of the faxes, but I've been
downloading from NWS.  Their networking is not real great. But the downloads
are programmed for several hour delay, hopefully when traffic is not real bad.

It is possible to inject some of the faxes into the IDD. I'm sure that the NWS would prefer this, since it would hold traffic down at their site. With Alden gone, no-ones toes will get stepped on either. I do not know the legalisms, proprietor regulations, etc, but I assume the NWS data is public. Of course, there are the powers-that-be here at Cornell (with purse strings.)
                                                jdm