Missing Charts

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

For the last several days SIO has been getting only about half of the regular
difax charts.  We get our difax from Unisys and wondered if this was just a
Unisys problem or is it a NWS glitch?

I know that NWS lost one of it's Crays and thought this might be what's causing
the problem but, if that were the case, there should be a repeating pattern in
the maps that are missing.  This does not appear to be the case with the difax
I get.

Is this the experience that others are having with difax from a non-Unisys
source?  Or is it that Unisys' computers are, from time to time, out to lunch?

Larry

  • Search the difax archives: