Re: Motherlode clone.

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Chris and Mike,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you about the pqacts, etc.

there are three thredd pqacts that i'll attach: pqact.thredds
pqact.threddsconduit  pqact.threddsradar that need to be place in ~ldm/etc
directory. also the etc/ldmd.conf file needs to have these three line
added to reference the pqacts.

exec    "pqact -f ANY-CONDUIT-NNEXRAD-CRAFT /opt/ldm/etc/pqact.thredds"
exec    "pqact -f CONDUIT|SPARE /opt/ldm/etc/pqact.threddsconduit"
exec    "pqact -f NNEXRAD|CRAFT /opt/ldm/etc/pqact.threddsradar"

i believe the only extra s/w needed is the netCDF decoders package, it's
available at: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/decoders/

the binaries from the build go into the ~ldm/decoders directory and the
etc files from the build go into the ~ldm/etc directory.

if you want to bypass this step, comment out the pqact
entries that have the PIPE actions then you can come back later to install
them.

there is a new perl script used to scour the directory structure called
manageFilesDirs.pl and it goes into the ~ldm/util directory. i'll attach
the script too.  also there is a manageFilesDirs.conf file to configure it
that goes into the ~ldm/etc direction, i'll attach too.  the conf file
should be set correctly, so no mods will be needed unless you change the
directory structure in the pqacts. i suggest that you don't change them
because all the thredds configure file exepect that dir structure.

it is run once a day from cron, ie

#
# files/dirs managing script
30 21 * * *  util/manageFilesDirs.pl -f
/local/ldm/etc/manageFilesDirs.conf > /data/ldm/logs/manageFilesDirs.log
#

after this is setup, then we can start on the thredds configurations.

robb...

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Chris Herbster wrote:

> Rob,
>
> We seem to be ready on this end for a set of pqact entries to populate
> the catalog.  Please work with Mike to see if he needs any other parts
> besides these.  I think he said something about needing some XML pieces too.
>
> Thanks!
>
> CH
>
> Robb Kambic wrote:
>
> >Sounds good to me, let me know when help is needed?
> >
> >robb...
> >

> >On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Chris Herbster wrote:
> >

> >>Hi Robb,
> >>
> >>As always, another good time in Boulder!  (-;
> >>
> >>Off hand, I'd say, "Let's do everything that you do."  However, I'll
> >>defer on this to Mike Masscotte.  He has done a great job of getting
> >>things cleaned up from when I tried to run things and he might have some
> >>suggestions (or just say "Let's do it!")
> >>
> >>We have the LDM up and running.  We'll need to do the next piece to get
> >>ready....  I'll let Mike set the pace on this end.
> >>
> >>CH

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
  • Search the decoders archives: