Re: [IDV #MPR-281760]: Problem reading Grib file from IDV

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Thanks, that all worked!  I can now display my file.

dan

Dan Schaffer, Research Associate            e-mail: Daniel.S.Schaffer@xxxxxxxx
NOAA/OAR/Earth Systems Research Lab         phone:  (303) 497-7252
Aviation Branch                             fax:    (303) 497-6301
R/GSD5   325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80305

www-ad.fsl.noaa.gov/ac/schaffer.html

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Robb Kambic wrote:

> hiya,
>
> i found the information needed for the FSL table 59 0 129. the fix only
> required a change in the list of tables so i've attached the list called
> tablelookup.lst.  It is possible to replace tablelookup.lst in the
> grib.jar and everything should should work ok. otherwise it will be in the
> next grib release.
>
> robb...
>

> On Mon, 1 May 2006, Robb Kambic wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 1 May 2006, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Dan-

> > hiya,
> >
> > i don't have the info for table 59 0 129, it's a fsl table. i'll send a
> > message to FSL to see if i can get the table.
> >

> > > This indicates that the parameter table for that particular grib message
> > > is missing.

> > there is no default table, to try to create one would have wrong
> > results as would using a wrong centers table ie NCEP-opn.  centers need to
> > publish their tables if they want others to use there data.
> >
> > > Not a show stopper, but an annoyance.  The wgrib program must have
> > > a default table that it uses if it can't find the right table.  That
> > > may give incorrect results, but at least it doesn't stop the program
> > > dead in it's tracks.  That's a feature request for the grib decoder
> > > that the IDV uses.

> > the message was about table  57-0-129, the air force weather service not
> > FSL.
> >

> > > What version of the IDV are you using?  According to that message, Robb
> > > was going to add it to the grib tables that the IDV uses.  If you are
> > > not using the latest, please try that since the table may be in that
> > > release.
> >
> > table not in release.
> >
> > robb...
> >

> > > If you are using the latest and still have problems, I can provide a
> > > work around until we get that table in the distribution.
> > >
> > > Don Murray

> Robb Kambic                              Unidata Program Center
> Software Engineer III                    Univ. Corp for Atmospheric Research
> rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                 WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  • Search the decoders archives: