Re: space products (fwd)

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:15:22 +0100
From: Simon Elliott <Simon.Elliott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Robb Kambic <rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Don Murray <dmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
    decoders <support-decoders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: space products

Hello Robb,

HansPeter has asked me to contact you directly as I am responsible for
the generation of the GRIB2 data from EUMETSAT.  I am interested to read
about the extra characters you found inside hte message.  As I'm sure
you can imagine, we have exchanged the data with other centres using
different software and they have yet to spot this problem.

I suspect either (i) the GRIB data have been chopped up for
dissemination and not been properly re-assembled into the original
message, or (ii) at some stage the data have been transferred with ASCII
FTP ... this happens quite often.

If you could send me the file you mention, or make it availabel for FTP
transfer, I would be happy to investigate.

Regards,

Simon

Dr Simon Elliott
Product Implementation Manager