Re: cdl file for eta ST

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Todd Fake wrote:

Robb,

I finally solved the problem I was having trying to extract additional
fields using the gribtonc utility. When I modified the cdl file the
gribtonc utility would fail if the netcdf file being generated already
existed. This failure wasn't clear because the verbose output still
would say that fields already existing in the cdl file were extracted
but the new ones were not. So after trouble shooting and making sure I
had the new fields to be extracted defined properly I had success when I
deleted the netcdf output file before generating a new one after
modifying the cdl file.

Todd,

That is a glitch but usually the output file name should be changed on
each invocations.  I'll add this message to the decoders support archive
so other can have access to it and I'll make a note of it for future
answers.

Thanks,
Robb...

You should make note of this so if this question arises with anyone else
you or someone else can make this simple recomendation to aid them.
Thanks,
Todd Fake

* Todd Fake Direct: (860) 405-9067 * * Dept of Marine Sciences Admin Asst: (860) 405-9151 or 9152 * * University of Connecticut FAX: (860) 405-9153 * * 1084 Shennecossett Road E-mail: fake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx *
* Groton, CT  06340            Web: marinet.dms.uconn.edu          *

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  • Search the decoders archives: