Re: 20010412: new at gribtonc

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Unidata Support wrote:

>To: support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: Andrew Weekley <weekley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: new at gribtonc

Hi,

I'm new to the grib world,/gribtonc and am somewhat confused.

Andrew,

There are INSTALL and a README files with the decoders distribution to
help with the build and setup. Don't forget to get the cdl files in the
directory too. The cdl files change much more often then the code so the
latest ones are outside the release.
I'm attaching the gribtonc LDM entries for all the models including the
eta. If you plan on decoding from the command line, just redirect STDIN to
the gribtonc program.

I need to degrib the eta model and I see that
you have an eta.cdl available.

Yes, the will decode the eta model

 Will that degrib grid 216? (AWIPAK ).

Noop, the 216 I believe is on Polar stereographic projection and the
eta.cdl with the decoders package is on Lambert conformal projection.

The parameters should be the same for the models, one could modify the
eta.cdl projection to fit your needs.

Robb...

 Also is there any documentation
available on gribtonc?