From: Tom Whittaker <tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ruc netCDF schema...
To: dmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Don Murray)

Don:

You may not be the right person, but I've noticed an error in the
schema of the ruc netcdf file you sent me:  the dimensions for terrain
are wrong:

      float Z_sfc(record, y, x) ;
              Z_sfc:long_name = "terrain" ;
              Z_sfc:units = "gp m" ;
              Z_sfc:_FillValue = -9999.0 ;
              Z_sfc:navigation = "nav" ;

I say "wrong" because I don't think terrain is a function of forecast
hour....either that, or the RUC is _quite_ the model...

Later,

tom

- --
Tom Whittaker  (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Space Science and Engineering Center
Phone/Voicemail: 608/262-2759 Fax: 608/263-6738

------- End of Forwarded Message

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  • Search the decoders archives: