Re: 19990127: grib to netcdf

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Melissa Richey wrote:

Hi Robb-

I have run gribtonc on a few files using the ruc2.cdl file. When
I use ncdump on the new netcdf file, no variables have been degribbed- the output is basically what was in the original cdl file.

Is the raw grid file a ruc2 file?

Run gribtonc in verbose mode with the messages to the screen, ie

% gribtonc -vl - ruc2.cdl < ruc2.raw

This should show the details.  If you send a sample of the output, I can
help get you started.

Also, you can use gribdump to show the contents of the raw grib file.

%gribdump grid.raw | more

The grib documentation is located at:

The GRIB document (Office Note 388) dated
March 10, 1998 in
It also located on :

Do you have any suggestions as to what might need to be modified in
the cdl file? I know this is a vague question but I am somewhat at a loss,
which you have probably already figured from previous emails.

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: