gribtonc question (fwd)

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Steve,

I have been trying to execute Gribtonc without much luck.  I downloaded
an NGM grib file from the CPC web site and executed the following
command:

       gribtonc ngm-g.cdl /data1/test.nc < /data1/ngm.T00Z.pgrb.f00

When I run the command a prompt immediately comes up indicating it did
nothing and test.nc was not created in the /data1 directory.  I tried
also with the ngm-q.cdl file but to no avail.  Any help would be great.

Robert,

I'm sure you build the netCDF distribution ?  Therefore "ncgen" and
"ncdump" utilities are available.  As user LDM try:

% ncgen -o /data1/test.nc ngm-g.cdl    # should create test.nc
% ncdump /data1/test.nc                # check the contents of test.nc

The ncgen and ncdump utilities need to be in the path for the LDM.

For sanity sake, check the /data1/ngm.T00Z.pgrb.f00 raw grib file by;

% gribdump /data1/ngm.T00Z.pgrb.f00 | more

Robb...

Thanks

Robert Boucher

- --
Robert J. Boucher                                Tel:  781-942-2000
X2893
Associate MTS/Meteorologist               Fax:  781-942-2571
Litton-TASC                                        email:
rjboucher@xxxxxxxx
55 Walkers Brook Drive
Reading, MA 01867-3297

------- End of Forwarded Message