19981124: FW: NOAAPort to NetCDF

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

>From: "Cunningham, Stephen L" <stephen.l.cunningham@xxxxxxxx>

Stephen,

Sorry I didn't answer this one sonner, but it got buried in my email inbox.

>Was talking to Dave Santek today, and he mentioned that you had some
>software to convert McIDAS MD and grid files to NetCDF.

We never converted McIDAS MDs to netCDFs.  Quite a few years back, I
hacked together a couple of programs that would convert some specific
netCDF files to McIDAS MD files.  This code was not general by any stretch
of the imagination.

>We need to
>interface with NOAAPort and convert the data to NetCDF for an AWIPS like
>workstation.  Do you have anything that might help?  Thanks,

You could probably benefit from our netCDF decoder package.  You can
access these by anonymous FTP in the pub/decoders directory of our
FTP server, ftp.unidata.ucar.edu.

You can find information about the decoders at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/decoders/index.html

>Stephen L. Cunningham
>Weather Systems Engineer
>Raytheon Systems Company