UDUNITS instructions for Robert (fwd)

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Robert,

The udunits package needs to be rebuild using the correct flags, you
should do the following to build the UDUNITS package:

   1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

   2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

   3.  Remove the file "config.cache" if it exists.

   4.  Set your environment variables as before but do not include the
       string "-o32" in anything.

   5.  Set the CC environment variable to "cc -o32".

   6.  Set the PERL environment variable to the empty string, e.g.

            $ PERL= export PERL

        or

            % setenv PERL ''

   7.  Execute the configure script.  Redirect both standard output and
       standard error to the file "configure.log".  If an error message
       occurs in the output, then stop and send me the file.

   8.  Execute the command "make".  Redirect both standard output and
       standard error to the file "make.log".  If an error occurs, then
       stop and send me the files "make.log and "configure.log".

   9.  Execute the command "make test".  Redirect both standard output
       and standard error to the file "test.log".  If an error occurs,
       then stop and send me the files "test.log", "make.log" and
       "configure.log".

   10. Execute the command "make install".  Redirect both standard
       output and standard error to the file "install.log".  If an
       error occurs, then stop and send me the files "install.log",
       "test.log", "make.log and "configure.log".

   11. Execute the command "make clean".

   12. Execute the make command for gribtonc, this time it should
       complete successfully.

Robb...

  • Search the decoders archives: