Re: Fatal Error

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Robert J. Boucher wrote:

> Robert,
> > If this was the error from compiling gribtonc, then you need to add a line
> in the Makefile after line 15 for LDFLAGS:
> > CFLAGS = -g
> LDFLAGS         = -o32
> > to tell the linker to use -o32. > > Hopefully this should solve your problem. > > Robb... >
Robb,

I did as you said above and modified the netcdf Makefile with the above
two lines and it cleared up the netcdf compile error.  So now the
udunits and the netcdf programs both compile without a problem but when
I finally went to compile gribtonc I still got an error. I have included
the output of the gribtonc Makefile with the error.  I have also
attached the gribtonc Makefile.  I was going to try to make the same
changes that you mentioned above to the gribtonc Makefile but there was
no CDFLAGS to put the LDFLAGS after.  Thanks again for the help.

Robert,

This is the top level Makefile for all the decoders,  you need to edit
the Makefile in the gribtonc directory:

% cd gribtonc
% {edit} Makefile

Make the above changes for CFLAGS and LDFLAGS and everything should
compile correctly.

Robb...

Robert Boucher

Robert J. Boucher               Tel:  971-942-2000 X2893
Associate MTS/Meteorologist     Fax:  971-972-2571
Litton-TASC                     email:  rjboucher@xxxxxxxx
55 Walkers Brook Drive
Reading, MA 01867-3297

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/