1998713: NWS Zone FCST decoder

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

>From: "CAPT Kurt F. Brueske, 333-3510" <BrueskeKF.DFP.USAFA@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>The sample  "nwx.tbl"  decoder file that you provide has been very
>helpful in setting up our local feed; however, there's a reference to the
>NAWIPS-5.4 decoder "ldmConnect" to decode NWS Zone Forecasts.  I
>found no "ldmConnect" decoder in the /NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/bin/sol
>directory.
>
>Is this the correct decoder?  If so, were can I obtain a copy of the file?
>
>As always, thanks.
>
>Kurt

Kurt,
ldmConnect is a perl script used for joining the pieces of the
split messages back into a readable bulletin.

The ldmConnect script is contained in the ~pub/decoders tar file.
The script is not part of N-AWIPS, rather something that was created
when NWS started breaking up long bulletins into 16K pieces.

Steve Chiswell

  • Search the decoders archives: