Re: 980608: gribtonc Request for Assistance

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Anne Wilson wrote:

Robb Kambic wrote:
> > Anne, > > What are the results from the ncgen command? > > % ncgen -o eta212.nc cdl/eta212.cdl > > I included what the results should look like in attachment. It sounds
> like your grib file doesn't have a model_id in it?
> > Robb...

Hi Robb,

My results of the above command are identical to yours.

Which GRIB octet are you referring to with "model_id"?  I have

Anne,

The model_id is in Octet number 6 and the values are:

model_id = 83, 89 ;

There is some documentation on our web at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/grib/

Look at section 1 and table A, it is worth your time to print it out if
you haven't already done so.

Robb...

        Grid Identification = 212
        Parameter and Units = 186  // icing SIGMET/AIRMET

Anne

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  • Search the decoders archives: