Re: [conduit] [Ncep.list.pmb-dataflow] Large lags on CONDUIT feed - started a week or so ago

  • To: "Person, Arthur A." <aap1@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [conduit] [Ncep.list.pmb-dataflow] Large lags on CONDUIT feed - started a week or so ago
  • From: Derek VanPelt - NOAA Affiliate <derek.vanpelt@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:04:42 -0400
Hi all,

I have been reviewing the latency of the three conduit feeds this
morning (image attached for March 7 through 13, latency in minutes on
the y axis).  It appears that the Unidata feed has a lot of latency
(up to 50 minutes) showing up at model output hours (~5/11/17/23), but
the other two feeds are showing maximum latency of less than 6 or 7
minutes since the 9th.   I can see the "agg" server had  closer to a
15 minute latency on the 8th.

I can also verify at this point that each server is splitting the
request into 9 or 10 well balanced requests.

Putting all these together makes me think that the server here is not
the (main) issue, and I am encouraged that splitting the requests has
appeared to help.  Please let me know whether this matches your
experience, and how/if we proceed further?

It may be worth discussing whether crossfeeding each other may help you all .

Thank you ,

Derek