[conduit] Removal of 500 and 1000 hPa height anomaly fields from GFS

Hi everyone,

With today's implementation of the GFS upgrades, the 500 and 1000 hPa height
anomaly grids are no longer part of the output.  This was advertised in the NWS
Technical Implementation Notice, so it is not a surprise ... but up till now,
we made use of these grids in our web products.

Does anyone know of another quick-and-easy online source of either anomaly or
mean grids for these two height levels?  I can put something together via the
CFSR, but that will take a wee bit of time ...

Cheers,

Kevin

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
University at Albany
Earth Science 235, 1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Email: ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: 518-442-4578

  • Search the conduit archives: