[community] New communityinfo email list

Greetings!

The UPC continues to receive numerous requests for posting community announcements of interest to the Unidata community email list. Though we have been posting the announcements on the Unidata home page under "community announcements", we concluded that we should set up a communityinfo email list. Below is the email list description with easy steps to take to begin sharing important announcements with other community members.

This new list is to enable community members to share important announcements, opportunities, and activities with others in the Unidata community. Examples include announcement of activities and opportunities related to Unidata's mission, sessions of AGU and AMS on data and cyberinfrastructure topics, as well as pertinent local and regional meetings. Members of the list can discuss the offerings with other subscribers to the list, similar to other email lists facilitated by the UPC.

The UPC hopes that the new communityinfo list will be used appropriately and become a valuable vehicle for spreading the word about important issues of interest to the broader community. You must subscribe to become a member (i.e., send and receive messages) though!

The UPC will continue to send important announcements to the existing community email list about advocacy matters, newsletters, workshops, software releases, community meetings, equipment awards, and data issues of broad interest.

--
Linda Miller - lmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Community Services, Unidata

  • Search the community archives: