Re: [cf-satellite] [CF-metadata] how to capture horizontal spatial resolution of imagery in a standard way

Mark:

I generally understand what you are suggesting, but a CDL example would be
helpful to me.

I like the idea of a general purpose, extensible CF construct.

Note that because many earth projections used to display imagery cause
pixels to vary in area they cover even though these images are still
considered to have a fixed horizontal spatial resolution.  Usually, the
pixels at the earth projection control point(s) cover the exact area
associated with the image's resolution.  In the case of GOES-R ground
system generated images, the pixels have a constant angular horizontal
spatial resolution, but the surface area they cover increases away from the
satellite's nadir (i.e. the projection's control point.)

v/r

rh