Re: [cf-satellite] Consistent standard_names for satellite derived radiance quantities

Hi Randy,

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM, rhorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<rhorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> standard_name: toa_outgoing_spectral_radiance
>
> Definition: "toa" means top of atmosphere. "outgoing" means emitted toward
> outer space. "spectral" means per unit wavenumber or as a function of
> wavenumber. Radiant power per unit area in a given direction per unit solid
> angle at a discrete monochromatic wavelength.
>
> Canonical units: mW m-2 sr-1 (cm-1)-1
>
> Note: A coordinate variable to capture the wavelength may be used.
>
> ***This quantity and its standard_name are identical to that proposed by
> Aleksander.  See c) above. ***

I think the way standard name proposals go, you do not propose already
proposed names by someone else. You can comment on such proposals and
suggest changes or voice your approval or disapproval. This is
primarily to avoid the confusion about which proposals are being
discussed and at what stage of the acceptance they are.

The above standard name you re-proposed was originally proposed by me
back in November last year and until now it did not receive any
feedback. So, naturally, I am very interested to get it accepted as
soon as possible. For that reason, my I regain the moderation of this
standard name proposal?

       -Aleksandar