[cf-satellite] EUMETSAT proposed CF convention updates to the Standard Names and Units for Satellite Data.

Dear CF-Satellite Community,

The EUMETSAT Data Centre has recently (Dec. 2012) offered NetCDF as a delivery
format for most of EUMETSAT Polar System (EPS) satellites' level 1 and 2
products (learn more here:
http://www.eumetsat.int/Home/Main/DataAccess/EUMETSATDataCentre/SP_20111027152034196?l=en)

During this implementation, we developed many standard names and units with
support from instrument experts, meteorological scientists and feedback from
the users of the data.  A few of these standard names and units we would
propose for inclusion into the CF satellite data conventions.

Nine standard names and units are proposed, and these can be found under the
following URL:

http://www.eumetsat.int/Home/Main/DataAccess/EUMETSATDataCentre/SP_2013021492840299?l=en

I kindly ask you to provide me with comments on the proposals.

If no major issues on the proposals have been received within two weeks, I will
assume we as a community think the proposals would benefit users and developers
of satellite data, and I shall submit them to the CF Metadata Trac for official
acceptance.

Regards,

Peter Miu
Data Services Operations Engineer