[cf-satellite] regarding shared dimensions

R/Sir

Can you please guide me or atleast provide one sample dataset where the
scenario is something like this:
channel1: 2500x2500
channel2:5000x5000
And coordinate variables are something like this:
lat:2500x2500
lon:2500x2500

And for every 2 pixels of channel2, there is one value of lat/lon.
I had earlier put this query on netcdf-java mailing list. They directed me
to put in to cf mailing list.
They also provided a link:
http://newsroom.gsfc.nasa.gov/sdptoolkit/docs/HDF-EOS5_UG.pdf

which address such types of datasets.

These are pretty much common for POES satellite data.
I have heard that in netcdf, we can create shared dimensions for such cases.
And I also came across that we can create an HDF-5 file using NetCDF which
is sort of a kludge
to handle such cases.
In the link state above, I saw there is a concept of dimension map for
handling such cases.
But are there any conventions for such datasets in CF which are not format
dependent?
Is there a format independent manner in which we can handle these types of
issues?
I generally write my products in hdf-4 and hdf-5 using NCSA libraries.

http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/
http://www.hdfgroup.org/products/hdf4/

regards
Ghansham