[cf-satellite] the GOES-R lightning detection product

Folks:

The GOES-R system will be producing a lightning detection product.

Attached is a technical memo describing the product.

This product has three data variables, and there is a requirement to maintain a
relationship among these three data variables that is not supported by the
current set of CF conventions.  As a result, we have developed a construct to
support this need, and we have made it as general purpose as possible with the
hope it may find its way into the CF standard.  This potential extension to CF
can be found on pages 11 through 13 in the attached tech memo.

Comments and questions appreciated !

v/r

randy