19970616: COMET case studies and NTRANS Metafiles

NOTE: The casestudies mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Due to our lack of infinite disk space, we have been looking for ways
to reduce the amount of COMET case study data loaded into the CODIAC
WWW system with a minimum impact on the usefulness of the case
studies.  To this end, we are planning on not including NTRANS
metafiles when the original data is available in another format (GRIB
or GEMPAK).  The scripts for reproducing the metafiles will still be
provided through the WWW so metafiles can be recreated from the model
data in GEMPAK format.  Also, the metafiles will still be available on
the 8mm tapes containing the full case studies.

This may or may not be a permanent solution depending on future disk
space options and demand from users.  If you have comments or
objections, please let us know by sending a reply to
casestudies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ethan

--
Ethan R. Davis                       Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                    Fax:       (303) 497-8690

  • Search the casestudies archives: