[awips2-users] Attn: MacOS CAVE Users

Hi there,

It has come to our attention that version 14.4 of MacOS contains a bug that
causes Java processes to crash unexpectedly
<https://blogs.oracle.com/java/post/java-on-macos-14-4>.  It affects the
versions of Java that CAVE uses, which means it will likely produce poor
behavior from CAVE, including crashing the program without warning.
There does not seem to be anything Java can do to fix the problem, it
resides on the Apple side.

At this time, we recommend postponing the Operating System upgrade, since
there is no easy way to reverse it once done.  If we hear of any updates or
improvements from Apple we will pass them along.

Thanks!

--NSF Unidata AWIPS Team
  • Search the awips2-users archives: