Re: [awips2-users] AWIPS II Backup Script

you're not using $site inside this for loop.  Do you maybe want

tar --exclude "ffmp/aggrGeom" --exclude "*/base/*" -cvzf
/data/fxa/TEMP/localization.tar ${site}/*

and $sites is not really sites...

EDEX_HOME="/awips2/edex"
sites=`ls -1 ${EDEX_HOME}/data/utility/`
echo $sites
cave_config cave_static common_static edex_static

----

for site in ${sites}
do
   echo "Backing up $sites..."
   tar --exclude "ffmp/aggrGeom" --exclude "*/base/*" -cvzf
/data/fxa/TEMP/localization.tar */*
   echo ""
   echo "Finished backing up AWIPS II EDEX configuration files at...
$(date)"
done

Michael James
Unidata Program Center