Re: [awips2-users] awips2 cave client problems

Steven and Sen,

I have libXp.so.6.2.0 in both /usr/lib/ and /awips2/cave/caveEnvironment/lib/ (In /usr/lib/ it is from package libXp-1.0.0-8.1.el5.i386) - but my LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the same as yours, doesn't include /usr/lib/ so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I remove libXp, which removed libXp and libXp-devel, ran updatedb, re-ran alertviz and CAVE and all seemed to work. But I'm not sure that I did this right... I remember having to install libXp/libXp-devel after seeing this problem before.

Can you install "yum install libXp-devel" and try again? Might have to add /usr/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH as well.

Michael

Hi Michael,
I'm helping Sen Chiao to install Awips2 on one of our servers. The server is running centos 5.9 32-bit with 12GB of RAM. So far I have installed the EDEX server and the CAVE client on the server. The EDEX server seems to be functioning, alertviz seems to be connecting to the EDEX server but when I try to run the CAVE software it fail to start. I get the splash screen and the progress bar move to about 5-10% when the program crashes. I also get the following messages after I run the cave.sh command:
    Calling getTestMode()
    Can't open .logPref or ~/.logPref; using defaults.
    getTestMode() returned OPERATIONAL
I assume these are normal. The cave-#-#-pid_#_alertviz.log file reports several errors. One error is unable to load nsharp libraries because the libbignsharp.so can't open libXp.so.6. The locate command finds libXp.so.6 at /awips2/cave/caveEnvironment/lib/libXp.so.6. ldd reports that it can locate the libXp.so.6 either. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH =/awips2/python/lib:/awips2/postgresql/lib:/awips2/psql/lib:/awips2/notification/lib:/awips2/tools/lib:. Should I add the path to the missing library file or is there something else wrong? There were also other errors about missing record classes. I've attached the log files so you can see all the errors.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Steven Boring

Network & Computer Services
College of Science