20000313: Plotting isallobars

Hi Pam-

Good seeing you again at the storm conference.  Please send my
congrats to the club for an excellent conference.  I wanted to
follow up on the problem you were having plotting isallobars.

I tried the following:

SP PSL-PSL USA 12-9

and got:

--MDX-- NO DATA FOUND..CHECK MAP & SORT SPECS

LAT=     21.0000     58.0000   LON=     64.0000    128.0000
TIME 9. DAY 73. TYPE 0.

However, if I used the DAY= keyword:

SP PSL-PSL USA 12-9 DAY=2000073

it worked:
---PLOTTING DONE

I tried this again using SPC without the day:

SPC PSL-PSL USA 12-9

and it worked:
---PLOTTING DONE

The "problem" is that SP was sunset by SSEC and we do not
make any modifications to it.  When the SCHEMA changed and the
date format changed, SP couldn't handle it. Our program (SPC)
is a suped up version of SP and does account for the new
SCHEMA.

So, until SFCPLOT and SFCCON can do math (ie: subtraction),
you should use SPC and SCC, but not SP and SC.  If none of these
cases explains the problem you are seeing, send a note back
to support with the exact command syntax that is not working.

Here is the URL for the list of upcoming sunset commands:

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcx/sunset.html

If you are using any of these commands to be sunset, you should
switch to using the alternative supporting commands listed.

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Server               http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
McIDAS Demonstration Machine  http://mcdemo.unidata.ucar.edu/