20000311: NIDS and NOWRAD configuration files on shemp

>From: Don Murray <address@hidden>

Don,

>I edited NIDS.CFG and NOWRAD.CFG to try to get access to the
>NIDS and NOWRAD stuff through the RAS.  The RAS IP's are
>128.117.68.*, but I don't seem to be able to access the images.
>If I try to do an IMGLIST, I get:

>IMGLIST RTNIDS/BREF1
>Image file directory listing for:RTNIDS/BREF1
>IMGLIST: error generating list of files
>IMGLIST: done
>IMGLIST failed, RC=2

>I can do a DSINFO, but not an IMGLIST or IMGDISP

>If you get a chance, can you check to see if I did this right?

I logged in to check out the NIDS and NOWRAD configuration files, and
they looked OK.  I decided to change the syntax of the IPMASK entry
you used thinking that perhaps there was something wrong in the
code, but this had no effect.  I then checked the directories being
used to find the data and found that they had been changed for
the NOWRAD images.  I further found out that someone had changed
the names of the files being stored in those directories, so the
FILEMASK settings were wrong.  After all the smoke cleared, I ended
up with (this has been edited since the initial message to correct
the syntax):

NIDS.CFG

DIRMASK=/export/data/ldm/gempak/nexrad/NIDS/\ID/\TYPE
FILEMASK=\TYPE_*
IPMASK=128.117.(140|68).*|(209|63).*

NOWRAD.CFG

DIRMASK=/export/data/ldm/gempak/nexrad/USRAD/*/NOW/
FILEMASK=NOW_*
IPMASK=128.117.(140|68).*|(209|63).*

2KM_DIR=/export/data/ldm/gempak/nexrad/USRAD/2km/NOW/

8KM_DIR=/export/data/ldm/gempak/nexrad/USRAD/8km/NOW/

The additional entry reflects what was needed for me to access stuff
while logged on this morning through Earthlink (63.*).

These settings look like ones that were in effect a long time ago.
Reflecting on this, I don't know if the changes were Chiz's or Robb's
doing.  The funny thing is that I loaded NOWRAD imagery from Longmont
on Thursday morning just before heading off to Winter Park, so the
change would have had to have been made on Thursday afternoon or Friday
sometime.  It would have been nice to have been told that there was a
change made in either case!

>I modified the copies in /home/mcidas/upcworkdata on shemp.

Right place, right files, modified file names and paths.

>Thanks.

>The NOWRAd stuff is working now.  Not sure what was going
>on before.

I would have caught your first message if I had logged in when I first
intended, but I decided to have breakfast first.