[IDV #TNW-894406]: IDV: Lightning data

Dave,

Please see the IDV screen casts located at

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show/RAMADDA/Unidata/Staff/Julien+Chastang/Screen+cast?entryid=91013a46-c12c-4b1c-9f70-b646e27702be

called "Dave Light".

I bumble around a bit and also in the second lightning example, I should have
chosen the "NAPLN" data source type, but hopefully this should be useful to
you. Both movies are the same, but under different file formats.

Let us know what you think :-)

Thanks.

-Julien

> Tom,
>
> The NLDN files that I started getting February 5 were small, so they most
> likely did consist of just a header. (I couldn't read them to be sure, so I
> thought it plausible that they might have simply indicated very little
> lightning activity nationally and very efficient data storage.)

> That's good to hear. More potential to share bundles is good. Now we need a
> way to key-word and search for them, or something.

> I've forgotten most of what I learned from Jeff McWhirter about configuring
> RAMADDA, but I'll take a stab at it.

> I remember well the benefits of serving on a governing committee, from my 4
> years on the Users Committee (1996-2000). It was a tremendously valuable
> experience for me and our program at SFSU, though I had so much to learn that
> I think I got a lot more out of it than I was able to give back at the time.
> Rotating community members through those committees is a powerful way to
> educate the community and leverage Unidata's potential impact on education
> and research.
>
> -- Dave

> *   Dr. Dave Dempsey                        |       ^   ___       \|/     *
> *   Dept. of Geosciences                    |  ) ^     /||_||\    --0--  *
> *   San Francisco State University   | )  )    /  ||_||  \    /|\     *
> *   1600 Holloway Ave.                      |  )  )  /   ||_||    \          *
> *   San Francisco, CA   94132          |  )  ) /    ||_||      \   ^   *
> *   Phone:  (415) 338-7716               |  )  )  )~||~||~~~~ \~~*
> *   FAX:      (415) 338-7705               | )  )  )  ) ~  ~  ~ ~ ~ ~*
> *   Email:   address@hidden        |  )  )   )  ) ) ~  ~   ~ ~ *

Ticket ID: TNW-894406
Department: Support IDV