RE: Serving local netCDF files though DODS

John,

I can't yet put this server outside our firewall.  I think I discovered
the source of my problems -- I didn't follow the install directions exactly.

Server Version: CatalogAggServer/0.9

I thought I could get away with deploying thredds.war on my jboss 3.2.5 server
which uses Tomcat 5.  When it's deployed there I do get this error message:

  14:18:02,898 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/thredds,
warUrl=file:/C:/Java/jboss-3.2.5/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp36477thredds.war/
  14:18:04,029 INFO  [STDOUT] Log.setLogPath =
C:\Java\jboss-3.2.5\server\default\tmp\content\thredds/logs
  14:18:04,410 ERROR [globalLog] Error installing URLStreamHandlerFactory
factory already defined

I suspect that this ERROR may explain the problems I've been seeing.

I have since installed thredds.war on a separate Tomcat 5 server and it is
working
fine.  I miss not being able to use in JBoss as JBoss hot deploys and is able
to instantly serve the changes I make to the .xml file.  There is no need to
restart it.

Perhaps in your spare time you can try deploying on JBoss and fix the conflict
with URLStreamHandlerFactory.

Thanks for your help.

-Mike

--