[McIDAS #AIT-655217]: Ticket ID: FVC-112860

Hi Paul,

re:
> I think we have our server working on weather.cod.edu (while mcidas is
> on climate.cod.edu)

Just to be clear (too many other things going on at the moment)... which
server is working on weather.cod.edu?  I just logged in (as 'mcidas') and
do not see the setup I would expect for a RedHat-based Linux distribution
for the McIDAS ADDE server on weather.  For instance, I do not see the
Linux daemon 'xinetd' anywhere.

What Linux distribution are you running?

re:
>> we are ingesting
>> the full suite of level3 data on our server weather.cod.edu
>> in the directory /home/data/level3/LOT/N0R. They are named with date/time
>> string e.g. 20120103_0640

OK, I see that the /home/data/level3 directory contains subdirectories for
what looks like all of the stations reporting NEXRAD Level III data.

re:
> Now, I am not sure how to set up the file mask etc with the above listed
> file structure. Can you help please?

Here is what I did to create the RTNEXRAD and RTTDWR datasets in the
'mcidas' account on weather:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd $MCDATA
cp ../data/NEXRADDE.BAT .
vi NEXRADDE.BAT

-- change directory location and file name regular expression to match
   what I saw on weather:

   /home/data/level3/\ID/\TYPE/*_*

batch.k NEXRADDE.BAT

mcidas@weather:~/workdata$ dsinfo.k I RTNEXRAD

        Dataset Names of Type: IMAGE in Group: RTNEXRAD

Name         NumPos   Content
------------ ------   --------------------------------------
DAA          99999    Digital Accumulation Array
DHR          99999    Digital Hybrid Reflectivity
DOD          99999    Digital One Hour Difference
DPA          99999    Digital Precipitation Array

imglist.k RTNEXRAD/N0R ID=FTG
Image file directory listing for:RTNEXRAD/N0R
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon
 473  RADAR         12 JAN 12012  23:56:22     FTG    1
imglist.k: done

Is this what you had in mind?

Ticket ID: AIT-655217
Department: Support McIDAS