[McIDAS #NJT-701546]: DU AIX Power Compilation of McIDAS-X

Hi Jim,

Very interesting...

The copy of cal_init created on your AIX 5.3 box is identical to the one
produced on my Fedora Core 6 Linux box except for an additional blank line
at the end.

Given that the version of 'cal_init' created on your system is OK (because
it matches that produced on other systems), I focused my attention on what
could be going wrong in what the script is doing...

Apparently, your version of /bin/sh is not evaluating one or more constructs
in 'cal_init' in the same way that is done on all of the supported platforms
for McIDAS-X v2007 ** including AIX 5.1 **.

Would it be possible for me to get a login to your machine to find out which
construct(s) are not being used correctly?  If yes, please send the fully
qualified name of the machine you are doing the McIDAS build on as a reply
to this message, and the password for 'mcidas' in a separate email to my
private address (address@hidden).  Please do _not_ include the
name of the machine in the same email as the 'mcidas' password and please
do not include the name of the account for which it is valid.

Ticket ID: NJT-701546
Department: Support McIDAS