[LDM #PRT-382252]: Guidance on using YYYMDD vs (1:yyyy) etc

Neil,

I assume you're referencing pqact(1) configuration-file entries.

pqact(1) doesn't understand the string "YYYMDD" (or "YYYYMMDD"). I don't know
where you got that.

The string "(1:yyyy)" in a pqact(1) configuration-file entry will be replaced
by the 4-digit year derived from the first regular-expression subfield
(identified by parentheses) of the product-identifier assuming that the
subfield is the day-of-the-month on which the product was created.

More information on such string-replacement can be found at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/pqact.conf.html>.

I hope this helps.

> Guidance on using YYYMDD vs (1:yyyy) etc
>
> What is the difference between these methods of inclusion of dates in output
> filenames? eg. Is one from the system time and another from the incoming
> product?
>
> And is there a tutorial or informational describing how to use them?
>
> -Neil
>
> Neil R. Smith,  address@hidden
> Senior IT Professional II
> Atmospheric Sciences, Texas A&M Univ. 979/845-6272

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: PRT-382252
Department: Support LDM