[LDM #FVH-610126]: Re: Exited with status 127

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the tardy reply; Its been a busy day (sigh).

re: did you receive notification that your original email was received and
that someone would look into it?

> No I did not.  I'm new enough to the support list (2nd email), that I didn't
> think about not getting one either.  Now I know (and knowing's half the
> battle ... G.I. Joe)!

OK.  I was worried that there might be a problem with our inquiry tracking
system.  The fact that you did not get an automatic response says that
there was one, but I don't understand it yet.

re: I am at a loss for what happened to your original inquiry!

> It must be lost in cyber space ... maybe you save support time by sending
> every so many emails to /dev/null!  I should try that for my support emails!
> ;-)  Only kidding.

Hmm... /dev/null is an interesting idea ;-)

re:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.7.0/basics/logfile-format.html

> Thanks!  That will be helpful!  I was searching the forums, but need to
> spend some time navigating your site more!  You guys do have a lot of
> information on all the apps, it's just a matter of knowing it's there and
> finding it.  I will check this out.

Very good.

re: did you copy the GEMPAK decoders to a directory in the PATH of your 'ldm'
user

> um ... yes and no.   I didn't know where the decoders where and couldn't
> find info on it so I copied the decoders from our old server ... is that a
> bad thing?

It isn't a _really_ bad thing, but it is not a good thing either.  The
decoders will be located in:

/home/gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux/bin if your machine is running 32-bit Linux
or /home/gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux64/bin if your machine is running 64-bit
Linux.  All of the decoder names begin with 'dc'.

> The decoders are in /home/ldm/decoders which is also part of
> LDM's path.

Here is what I would do:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm/decoders
cp /home/gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux/bin/dc* .

ldd dc*          <- to make sure that each executable can find all needed
                    shared libraries

re: "source" the appropriate Gemenviron file in the shell-specific configuration
file for the user 'ldm':

> I'm using bash so I have this in GEMPAK's .bash_profile ".
> NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile".  Is that right?

No.  The syntax would be:

. ~NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile         <- the '.' is before the file

re: for Conforming shells (e.g., sh, bash, etc.)
   ~ldm/.bash_profile:
   . /home/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile

> Ahh ... I didn't have this in LDM's profile.  I will add it.  Do I need to
> restart LDM or anything for this?  I just ran the command as well (".
> /home/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile") then ran "env" to make sure all the
> GEMPAK stuff was there.

After "sourcing" the GEMPAK environment file, you _will_ need to stop and
restart the LDM as the environment variables will not be in scope for the
already running LDM routines.

> Thanks, Tom!

No worries.  Again, I apologize for the tardy reply.

Ticket ID: FVH-610126
Department: Support LDM