[LDM #NQD-449489]: MADIS LDM

Hi,

re:
> I was wondering if you can provide me with some instruction in setting up
> LDM to receive data from MADIS.
> I have configured my LDM by following
>
> https://sites.google.com/site/weathersoftwarenotes/Home/bear-original/ldm-6-8-1
>
> however, I am still missing store_MADIS.sh.

A couple of comments are in order at this point:

- LDM v6.8.1 is _very_ old

  It would be much better to build the current LDM distribution from
  source on your machine.

- we do not provide the store_MADIS.sh script that you are missing

  We can try to see if one or more of our community users has the
  script and pass it along along with the LDM configuration file
  (~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf) and pattern-action file action(s) that will
  be needed to REQUEST (via the LDM configuration file) and process
  (via one or more actions in an LDM pattern-action file) if that
  will help

re:
> The OS of our server is centOS 7.

Very good.

re:
> So far, preinstallation, installation and configurations steps have
> been applied. I can see the server is running but no data is being
> received.

Questions:

- which upstream LDM are you REQUESTing the MADIS data from?

  The easiest way to answer this (and more) question is to send
  us the LDM configuration file that you are using.

- did you test to make sure that the LDM you are REQUESTing the
  MADIS data from has ALLOWed (permitted) you to REQUEST the data?

  The easiest way to do this is to use the LDM utility 'notifyme':

  notifyme -vl- -f <feed you are requesting> -h <host from which you are
REQUESTing the feed>

  If the 'notifyme' invocation returns an OK (as part of its output),
  then you are ALLOWed to REQUEST the feed.  If you get a message saying
  that your REQUEST is being denied by the upstream host, you will need
  to contact the administrator for the LDM you are trying to REQUEST
  the feed from and ask for permission to get the data.

re:
> Please let me know if you need more information from me,

The first steps would be to see if you are ALLOWed to REQUEST
the feed from the upstream feed host.  After the ability to
establish a feed has been achieved, we can work on how to
process the data to disk (i.e., use of store_MADIS.sh).

Ticket ID: NQD-449489
Department: Support IDD