[LDM #NQD-449489]: MADIS LDM

Hi,

re:
> Thank Tom for the prompt reply,

No worries.

re:
> the output of   $ notifyme -vl- -f FSL -h ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov is:
> 20200309T154932.352439Z notifyme[36572]             notifyme.c:main:363
>           NOTE  Starting Up: ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov: 20200309154932.352067
> TS_ENDT {{FSL, ".*"}}
> 20200309T154932.352574Z notifyme[36572]             ldm5_clnt.c:forn5:460
>           NOTE  LDM-5 desired product-class: 20200309154932.352067 TS_ENDT
> {{FSL, ".*"}}
> 20200309T154932.354467Z notifyme[36572]             error.c:err_log:236
>           INFO  Resolving ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov to 140.172.139.163 took
> 0.001738 seconds

If there was no other output, this looks like the request was not making
it to the upstream LDM host, ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov.  If the request
was getting to that machine, its LDM would either accept or deny
the request.  The first place that I would investigate is if the
local firewall is allowing outbound connections to port 388 on the
remote host.

re:
> From
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/datastream/msg02986.html,
> I adjusted my LDM configuration to request from LDM server
> ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov.

OK, but the administrator of that machine would have had to ALLOW your
feed REQUEST(s) before you can successfully be fed.

re:
> I am not sure if the error means the request has denied?

I don't think that the request is making it out of your domain.  I would
check with your network/security folks to make sure that outbound connections
to port 388 on remote hosts is not being blocked.

re:
> I am attaching the ldmd.conf and pqact.conf here. I really appreciate if you
> take a look at them.

I'll take a look, but in the interim you should be contacting your
network/security folks.

Additional comment:

There are two other ways that you can check to see if your local
firewall is blocking or allowing connection attempts to the
NCEP LDM:

Telnet example (telnet is typically _not_ installed on systems):

<as 'ldm' on your machine>
telnet ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov 388

netcat example:

ncat -v -4 ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov 388