[IDD #DPY-555473]: receiving QuickScat data from NOAAPORT over LDM

Hi Tien,

re:
> I try to install LDM6.4.6 on LINUX-PC, now LDM running seem be OK.
> The model data GFS, UKMET, ECMWF, observation data such as synop, upperair
> data have been receiving every day.

Very good.

> Now, I try to get QuickScat data from NOAAPORT by config in pqact.gempak as
> below:
>
> # Quikscat BUFR
> HRS     ^ISXX(..) KNES ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-6][0-9])
> FILE    /home/nadata/gempak/qsct/(\2:yyyy)(\2:mm)\2\3.bufr

This looks correct.

> and in ldmd.conf:
>
> request HDS     "^H.[I-P]... KWB[^K]"   idd.unidata.ucar.edu    PRIMARY
> request HDS     "^H[A-Z][ABCD][A-Z][0-9][0-9] KWB"      idd.unidata.ucar.edu
>   PRIMARY
> request HDS     "(ECMWF|EGRR)"          idd.unidata.ucar.edu    PRIMARY
> request HDS     "^ISXX.. KNES"          idd.unidata.ucar.edu    PRIMARY

This also looks correct.

> When I restart the LDM system occur as below:
>
> [ldm@met-research3 etc]$ ldmadmin start
> The product-queue is OK.
> /home/ldm/etc/pqact.conf is syntactically correct
> hupsyslog: couldn't open /var/run/syslogd.pid

This likely means that you did not complete the LDM installation.  The
last step in the LDM installation is to run 'make install_setuids' as
'root'.  Did you perform this step?

> Starting the LDM server...
>
> but the QuickScat data does not received.
>
> The configuration is right?

It looks correct.

> What problem happen?

There are a number of possibilities:

1) You show that you are requesting the QuikScat data in the pattern:

request HDS     "^ISXX.. KNES"          idd.unidata.ucar.edu    PRIMARY

   What you did not say is if you are running a 'pqact' invocation that
   will use the actions in your pqact.gempak (is this really the name of
   your pqact pattern/action file?).  If you are not running an invocation
   of pqact that specifies the use of the pqact.gempak file, then no
   processing will occur.

   Please send us your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file so we can take a closer
   look.

2) if you have an error in your pqact.conf file before the entry needed to
   process the QuikScat data, then the Quikscat entry will not be processed.

   To see if this might be the case, run:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin pqactcheck -p pqact.gempak                 <- need to specify the name
of the
                                                       pqact file to check

   If 'ldmadmin pqactcheck' shows any errors, you must edit your pqact.gempak
   file and correct them.  Run 'ldmadmin pqactcheck' until no errors are
   detected.  Then run 'ldmadmin pqactHUP' to tell pqact(s) to reread its(their)
   configuration file(s).  NOTE:  if you did not finish your LDM configuration
   as indicated above, you will have to stop and restart your LDM for your
pqact.gempak
   edits to take effect.

> Anyone may be help me to resolve that problem?

A close look at your ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf file, and the pqact.gempak file should
help us locate your problem.

> Thank in advance
> I'm looking forward your reply.

Ticket ID: DPY-555473