20030514: another small adjustment to twister.millersville.edu requests

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi again Dave,

re: change thelma.unidata.ucar.edu to thelma.ucar.edu

>No problem.  All done

Thanks.  I just noticed that twister is requesting several of its feeds
by IP address instead of fully qualified hostname.  Could you change
those requests to use the fully qualified name.  The reason for the
change is in relation to the real time statistics reporting which
works on hostnames, not IPs.

Thanks, and sorry I didn't notice this earlier.

Tom

>From address@hidden Thu May 15 11:39:02 2003

Ok made the changes, however I am still requesting CRAFT data via IP address
as that is how OU instructed me.

Let me know if you need anything else.  I will be out of the office tomorrow
and all next week.

Dave

>From address@hidden Thu May 15 12:08:19 2003

Hi Dave,

re: change request to IPs to fully qualified host names

>Ok made the changes, however I am still requesting CRAFT data via IP address
>as that is how OU instructed me.

Fair enough.  This allows the full topology to be listed for each data
set you request.

>Let me know if you need anything else.  I will be out of the office tomorrow
>and all next week.

Coming up (very soon now :-) we will be asking you to move several of
your feeds (all of the ones to thelma) over to atm.geo.nsf.gov.  This
is part of the reorganization of the IDD that has been sorely needed
for several years now.  If you are of a mind to do this now AND monitor
the ingest for a bit to make sure that there is no disruption of service,
please go ahead.  If you would rather wait, that is OK as well.

Thanks again...

Tom

>From address@hidden Thu May 15 12:39:10 2003

Tom,

Ok...  I made the next set of changes to feed from atm.geo.nsf.gov instead
of Thelma.  Looks ok so far.

Dave