[AWIPS #QSS-755577]: Question Regarding AWIPS

> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have recently installed AWIPS CAVE (version 18.2.1-6) on our Linux machines
> (CentOS 7) for teaching purposes in our mesoscale meteorology course. I have
> some questions regarding the functionality of AWIPS.
>
> Currently, I've noticed that the wind data does not plot on any product in
> any of the menus, and I've noticed that the upper air data is not plotting as
> well. I wanted to know if this could be remedied.

Hello,
Hmm interesting, I'm sorry you are having issues, but hopefully we can get this
resolved. Couple questions:

Is this the first time you've installed CAVE on these machines? What user are
you using to start up CAVE and what shell is that user using? Are you able to
load other products? Are you connecting to Unidata's EDEX
(edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu)

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: QSS-755577
Department: Support AWIPS