[IDD #CPU-943077]: CDIP historical data

Hi Chris,

re:
> I recently emailed CDIP about the ability to get dataset historical
> records, and received some concern about its feasibility.
>
> I downloaded "CA_0.01_nowcast.nc" from
>
> http://thredds.cdip.ucsd.edu/thredds/catalog/cdip/model/MOP_grids/catalog.html
>
> and it is my understanding that THREDDS is a different entity from CDIP.

That is correct.  The THREDDS Data Server (TDS) is software that we developed
to make data available.  Evidently the Coastal Data Information Program (CDIP)
of the UCSD is using the TDS to make their data available.

re:
> Are there any historical records for this file?

Since we do not manage the data you are interested in, we provide the software
that is used to serve the data, this is a question best answered by the CDIP
folks.

re:
> I am trying to get the last 168 hours of data (back to 3/17/2016).
> I wish I had a collection bot setup a week ago to download this data
> regularly, but it seemed like that was right around the time the server
> was down anyway.

re:
> Thank you for your help,

We are sorry that we can not be of more help with the data you are
interested in.

Ticket ID: CPU-943077
Department: Support THREDDS