[THREDDS #UIZ-105091]: thredds.ucar.edu update broke my scripts

Daryl,

A change in the NCEP GFS half-degree exposed a flaw in the way variable names
were being generated from grib files. This required an update on
thredds.ucar.edu and yields now slightly different variable names in a few
cases.

These changes should be permanent, so you should be safe updating your scripts.
Apologies for the inconvenience, but unfortunately NCEP's upstream changes
caught us off-guard as well.

Gory details below, if interested.

Ryan

-------------

So, besides if anything is glitching out on idd, the immediate problem is that

  Total_cloud_cover_entire_atmosphere_Mixed_intervals_Average

changed from using wmo level type 10:

<GRIB2_14_0_0_CodeFlag_en>
<No>1174</No>
<Title_en>Code table 4.5 - Fixed surface types and units</Title_en>
<CodeFlag>10</CodeFlag>
<MeaningParameterDescription_en>Entire
atmosphere</MeaningParameterDescription_en>
<UnitComments_en>-</UnitComments_en>
<Status>Operational</Status>
</GRIB2_14_0_0_CodeFlag_en>

to NCEP level 200:

  <parameter code="200">
    <description>Entire atmosphere (considered as a single layer)</description>
  </parameter>

and we had both names shortened to "entire_atmosphere", thus a conflict when
both variants are present. Presumably those are different, else why would NCEP
change?

So ive changed NCEP level 200 short_name to "entire_atmosphere_single_layer".
if anyone has a better name, let me know. did same for

  <parameter code="201">
    <description>Entire ocean (considered as a single layer)</description>
  </parameter>

Ticket ID: UIZ-105091
Department: Support THREDDS